The SILAS-A system (Solar Illumination Aeronautical System), in the configuration for airports, is the ideal low-cost solution to improve the operational safety of airports in adverse weather conditions or to extend the operating time even in case of limited visibility.
SILAS-A is based on the use of SCB lamps that work using solar rechargeable batteries and therefore do not need external power.
SCB lights are remotely monitored and controlled wirelessly; this approach allows SILAS to fully manage the operation of the lights through a dedicated Light Control Unit. The switching on of the lights can also be done via an SMS sent from any smartphone.
SCB lights require no site preparation or dedicated infrastructure; they are fixed to the ground by means of simple bolts, do not require power connections and all communications are wireless.
During the day, the battery of the SCB is charged by sunlight through the four photovoltaic panels (each placed on one side of the lamp). The battery capacity and the characteristics of the panels ensure that, even in the presence of low solar irradiation for long periods, the SCB can operate efficiently.
The SILAS system can also include the integration of glide path indicators, windsocks and obstruction lights, all solar powered and controlled simultaneously with the lighting of the helipad.
All communications with the control unit are bidirectional to allow the control unit to present a synthetic status of the system.
- System based on solar, portable LED lights;
- No connection for power supply and communications; ease of installation and possible redistribution of the lamps, as they are powered by solar energy without using external connections;
- Availability of different light configurations such as: REL (Runway Edge), Runway Threshold, Runway End, TEL (Taxiway Edge), Obstacle
- Bidirectional RF communications to control all lamps in the field and monitor their status;
- Illuminated windsock, powered by a dedicated solar kit, to indicate the direction / strength of the wind;
- Reliability: robust components, resistant to the most severe atmospheric conditions (IP67 compliant);
POWERED AGL SYSTEMS
GLOSS is partner of AES/AIRSAFE for the supply of AGL products for Airports Cat. I, II and III.
For further information: